Join community and school garden leaders from your region to learn strategies, share stories, and swap ideas that will boost your garden programs. Our spring Grow It! workshop theme is “Growing Community.”
Workshops are held at locations around the state. Find a workshop near you! All events will take place 4:00-7:00pm and include a light meal.
- Rutland – Vermont Farmers Food Center – March 9
- White River Junction – Center for Transformational Practice – March 14
- Montpelier – Montpelier High School – March 16
- Lyndon Center – Lyndon Institute – March 21
- North Bennington – The Village School of North Bennington – March 23
- Burlington – Bishop Booth Conference Center at Rock Point – March 30
GROWING FOOD, GROWING COMMUNITY
Stop by New Moon Cafe at 150 Cherry St. in Burlington to view beautiful images from VCGN’s Community Teaching Garden by Dan Daniel and Cristina Clarimon-Alinder. Their complementary styles document the rhythm of the growing season and the nourishing spirit of this transformative educational site.
Proceeds from art sales benefit the Community Teaching Garden Scholarship Fund. Archival-quality prints are $45-$85 and available for purchase from VCGN. Contact us at (802) 861-4769 or email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATES:
VCGN Community Night: Wednesday, April 19 at Bluebird Barbecue in Burlington
Day in the Dirt: Saturday, April 29
- Hops Gardening Workshop: Saturday, May 13 at VCGN in collaboration with Full Barrel Co-op Brewery & Taproom
New North End Plant Sale: Saturday, May 20 at Ace Hardware
Sweet Potato Slip Sale: June 10-11 at Red Wagon Plants, Hinesburg
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS & TRAINING
Registration is cosed for the 2017 class. This hands-on beginner organic vegetable gardening class covers how to plant, cultivate, harvest, and preserve the harvest from your own plot and shared garden space in a cooperative learning environment.