A rich wintertime gathering with workshops for gardeners, farmers, and food-lovers! The 2017 theme is “Beyond Borders: Our Role in the Global Food Movement,” bringing world-renowned speakers Dr. Fernando Funes Monzote of Cuba and Dr. Vandana Shiva of India to speak of resilience, hope, and the power of people to make slow—but radical—change. Register by February 13 for early bird prices. Click here for conference brochure, pricing and online registration. Keep an eye out for special workshops for community and school garden leaders!
Join community and school garden leaders from your region to learn strategies, share stories, and swap ideas that will boost your garden programs. Our spring Grow It! workshop theme is “Growing Community.”
Workshops are held at locations around the state. Find a workshop near you! All events will take place 4:00-7:00pm and include a light meal.
- Rutland – Vermont Farmers Food Center – March 9
- White River Junction – Center for Transformational Practice – March 14
- Montpelier – Montpelier High School – March 16
- Lyndon Center – Lyndon Institute – March 21
- North Bennington – The Village School of North Bennington – March 23
- Burlington – Bishop Booth Conference Center at Rock Point – March 30
SAVE THE DATES:
- VCGN Benefit Concert with 8 Cuerdas and Gavirias & Andreas: Friday, March 10 at Old Brick Church, Williston
- 7th Annual Burlington Seed Swap: Saturday, March 11 at Fletcher Free Library
- Day in the Dirt: Saturday, April 29
- New North End Plant Sale: Saturday, May 20 at Ace Hardware
- Sweet Potato Slip Sale: June 10-11 at Red Wagon Plants, Hinesburg
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS & TRAINING
Registration is open for the 2017 class. This hands-on beginner organic vegetable gardening class covers how to plant, cultivate, harvest, and preserve the harvest from your own plot and shared garden space in a cooperative learning environment.