Join community and school garden leaders from around your region for this unique training series. Learn strategies to boost your garden programs and support growth, share stories and ideas, and celebrate this growing movement. Workshops take place at seven locations around the state in the spring and fall each year, weekdays evenings 4-7 pm.
2015 Fall and Spring workshops dates and locations coming soon! Stay tuned.
Previous Grow It! topics include: leadership team development, management tools, fundraising, asset assessment, learning in the garden, garden infrastructure, outreach planning, and resiliency in problem-solving. Topics are determined by an ongoing assessment of state-wide garden needs. These workshops provide a unique opportunity for garden leaders to connect and learn from each other.
For more information, contact us at (802) 961-4769 or email Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Grow It! Workshops – Thank You!
A big THANK YOU to all who made yet another season of Grow It! possible! Due to our ongoing partnership with Charlie Nardozzi, on-the-ground support from local and regional garden groups, and generous support from our funders, we were able to travel the state this fall to deliver 7 regional workshops, reaching 79 garden leaders representing 53 community and school gardens from around Vermont. That means 79 garden leaders tapped into up-to-date resources in the field, we gathered around 7 delicious home-cooked meals and visited 7 community-based gardens, and 53 new connections were made between groups working towards similar goals of growing food, promoting community, and increasing the well-being of the people gardens serve.
Fall 2014 Workshop Partners & Hosts:
- Addison County Relocalization Network
- Barre City Elementary and Middle School
- Barre Community Gardens Alliance
- Burlington Area Community Gardens
- Burlington Parks, Recreation, Waterfront
- City of Winooski
- Food Connects
- Fresh Start Community Farm
- Friends of Hiland Hall Gardens
- Green Mountain Farm to School
- Hardwick Elementary School
- Immanuel Episcopal Church
- Lothrop Elementary School
- Morgan Spring Community Garden
- Mount Anthony Union Middle School
- Post Oil Solutions
- Rutland Area Farm and Food Link
- Sustainable Woodstock
- The Village School of North Bennington
- Upper Valley Food Coop
- Vital Communities
- Winooski Valley Park District
- Woodstock Elementary School
Grow It! 2014 Funders:
- New England Grassroots Environment Fund
- Ben & Jerry’s Foundation
- Vermont Agency of Agriculture