Join community and school garden leaders from around your region for this unique training series. Learn strategies to boost your garden programs and support growth, share stories and ideas, and celebrate this growing movement.
Who Should Attend?
- The workshops are designed for community and school garden leaders.
- All gardeners, volunteers, and community members welcome.
What Will We Cover?
- The fall workshops will look at how to build and foster more sustainable and responsive gardens, programs, and people. Also included will be opportunities to discuss best ways to enhance Vermont’s state-wide community and school garden network.
When and Where Are The Workshops?
- Newport: Monday, September 16, 4:00-8:00pm
Community College of Vermont, 100 Main St. #150
- Hartland: Thursday, September 19, 4:00-8:00pm
Hartland Elementary School, 97 Martinsville Rd.
- Winooski: Wednesday, September 25, 4:00-8:00pm
O’Brien Community Center, 32 Malletts Bay Ave.
- Barre: Thursday, September 26, 4:00-8:00pm
Highgate Apartments, 121 Highgate Dr.
- Bellows Falls: Tuesday, October 1, 4:00-8:00pm
Bellows Falls Middle School, 15 School St.
- Rutland: Tuesday, October 8, 4:00-8:00pm
Rutland High School, 22 Stratton Rd.
- Bennington: Thursday, October 24, 4:00-8:00pm
Mt. Anthony Union Middle School, 747 E Rd.
More Info: The workshops are $30 each, with a sliding scale based on ability to pay – we want to ensure that everyone can attend. All workshops include a light meal.
Please pre-register to help us plan for food and materials, and so we can send you important information leading up to the workshop. Register now!
We are pleased to partner with garden expert Charlie Nardozzi on the Grow It! series. Thanks also to our other series partners: Foodworks at Two Rivers Center, UVM Extension Master Gardeners, Highfields Center for Composting and local garden partners.
We kicked off this statewide training series and a new garden grant program at the NOFA-VT Winter Conference. For more information, contact us at (802) 961-4769 or by email Libby at email@example.com.
The Grow it! Garden Organizer Training Series and related technical assistance are made possible with generous support from New England Grassroots Environment Fund, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Windham Foundation, Ben & Jerry’s Foundation, The Bay and Paul Foundations, and Vermont Agency of Agriculture.