Join community and school garden leaders from around your region for this unique training series. Learn strategies to boost your garden programs, share stories and ideas, and celebrate this growing movement! Workshops take place at seven locations around the state in the spring and fall each year, and are presented by VCGN in partnership with regional garden expert, Charlie Nardozzi.
Stay tuned for more info for fall workshops on community composting!
- Addison County Relocalization Network (ACORN)
- Burlington Area Community Gardens/Burlington Parks, Recreation, Waterfront
- Center for an Agricultural Economy
- City of Winooski
- Common Roots
- Food Connects
- Fresh Start Community Farm
- Good Food Good Medicine
- Green Mountain Farm to School
- Marble Valley Grows
- Northshire Grows
- Rutland Area Farm and Food Link (RAFFL)
- St. Johnsbury Area Local Food Alliance (ALFA)
- Sustainable Woodstock
- Upper Valley Food Coop
- Vital Communities
The Spring 2016 workshops were made possible with generous support from The Bay and Paul Foundations, The Forrest and Frances Lattner Foundation, and the Washington Electric Cooperative Community Fund.
What to expect: Fall 2016
- We will focus on management practices for community and school garden compost systems.
- VCGN staff, with Charlie Nardozzi, will offer best practices and helpful tools from the field.
- Participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, brainstorm and problem-solve in large and small groups through engaging activities. This is a great opportunity for the people from a community or school garden to spend some dedicated time planning together, as well as a unique chance to network with a variety of garden groups from the area.
- The workshop will include a visit to our host’s garden, a brief garden lesson, tasty garden snacks, and more.
- Participants will gather tools and resources to bring back to their garden efforts, as well as grow a network of support among fellow garden leaders in their area.
The cost for each workshop is $35.
VCGN members are eligible for multiple discounted registrations. Learn more about the VCGN membership program and sign-up before you register for the workshop to receive your discount.
Sliding scale option also available upon request.
Future Grow It! topics to look forward to: goal-setting and assessment, participation and engagement, outreach planning, problem-solving strategies, and resiliency. Workshop topics can be adapted to groups at any stage of development.
For more information, contact us at
(802) 861-4769 or email Libby at email@example.com.