Join community and school garden leaders from around your region for this unique training series. Learn strategies to boost your garden programs, share stories and ideas, and celebrate this growing movement! Workshops take place around the state in the spring and fall each year, and are presented by VCGN in partnership with regional garden expert, Charlie Nardozzi.
This fall VCGN will hold workshops at four locations around the state, followed by Community Composting Forums. Our theme is COMPOST! The workshop will focus on community and school garden compost management and is intended to build organizing skills and networking among school and community garden leaders. The workshop will begin at 4pm and include dinner. Find a workshop near you:
- Rutland: October 4, College of St. Joseph
- Bakersfield: October 5, Bakersfield Elementary Middle School
- Orleans: October 17, Orleans Elementary School
- Woodstock: October 18, Woodstock Union High School & Middle School
Click here for more details on the Community Composting Forums, following the workshop, 6:30-8pm at the above locations.
Also, learn more about this fall’s four unique Grow It! host sites in this recent post.
The Fall 2016 workshops are made possible with generous support from The Bay and Paul Foundations, The Forrest and Frances Lattner Foundation, and The Fieldstone Foundation.
What to expect: Fall 2016
- We will focus on management practices for community and school garden compost systems.
- VCGN staff, with Charlie Nardozzi, will offer best practices and helpful tools from the field.
- Participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, brainstorm and problem-solve in large and small groups through engaging activities. This is a great opportunity for the people from a community or school garden to spend some dedicated time planning together, as well as a unique chance to network with a variety of garden groups from the area.
- The workshop will include a visit to our host’s garden and compost system and a brief garden-based lesson
- Participants will gather tools and resources to bring back to their garden efforts, as well as grow a network of support among fellow garden leaders in their area.
The cost for each workshop is $35. Click here to register and pay online.
VCGN members are eligible for multiple discounted registrations. Learn more about the VCGN membership program and sign-up before you register for the workshop to receive your discount.
Sliding scale option also available upon request.
Future Grow It! topics to look forward to: goal-setting and assessment, participation and engagement, outreach planning, problem-solving strategies, and resiliency. Workshop topics can be adapted to groups at any stage of development.
Questions? Contact us at (802) 861-4769 or email Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org.