Join community and school garden leaders from around your region for this unique training series. Learn strategies to boost your garden programs, share stories and ideas, and celebrate this growing movement! Workshops take place around the state in the spring and fall each year, and are presented by VCGN in partnership with regional garden expert, Charlie Nardozzi.
Thanks everyone for another wonderful season of Grow It! workshops at four locations around the state, followed by Community Composting Forums! We are grateful to our hosts: College of St. Joseph, Bakersfield Elementary Middle School, Orleans Elementary School, and Woodstock Union High School & Middle School. Stay tuned in early 2017 for details on upcoming spring workshops.
Click here for more details and composting resources from the Community Composting Forums.
Click here for the full 2016 Grow It! report.
The Fall 2016 workshops were made possible with generous support from The Bay and Paul Foundations, The Forrest and Frances Lattner Foundation, and The Fieldstone Foundation.
What to expect at a Grow It! workshop:
- We will focus on a topic related to community and school garden coordination. (See below for sample topics.)
- VCGN staff, with Charlie Nardozzi, will offer best practices and helpful tools from the field.
- Participants will have the opportunity to share ideas, brainstorm and problem-solve in large and small groups through engaging activities. This is a great opportunity for the people from a community or school garden to spend some dedicated time planning together, as well as a unique chance to network with a variety of garden groups from the area.
- The workshop will include a visit to our host’s garden and compost system and a brief garden-based lesson
- Participants will gather tools and resources to bring back to their garden efforts, as well as grow a network of support among fellow garden leaders in their area.
The cost for each workshop is $35. Click here to register and pay online. Sliding scale option available upon request.
Sample Grow It! topics: goal-setting and assessment, participation and engagement, outreach planning, problem-solving strategies, resiliency, community compost management. Workshop topics can be adapted to groups at any stage of development.
Questions? Contact us at (802) 861-4769 or email Libby at email@example.com.